AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmers Vacation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

DC swIL
Posted 2/1/2016 09:04 (#5079313 - in reply to #5078576)
Subject: RE: Farmers Vacation

I love to travel and my wife and I just returned from Florida. The weather wasn't great but that was ok. There was lots of time for naps, books and each other. I am rested, refreshed and ready to take on another year in this job that I love. We now take 2 vacations a year, somewhere warm in the winter and usually the mountains in the summer. However, this has not always been the case.

I saw in the crop talk section you were asking about beginning farmer land loans, so I assume you are fairly young. My wife and I married in 1980. During that decade we took 1 vacation other than weekends camping at area lakes and rivers. In the 90's I wanted my sons to experience travelling as I had with my parents and we took vacations with them about 1/2 of the summers of that decade. Since 2000 we have taken a vacation every year but 2.

Also, I have always had a part time off farm job. At first that was needed just to pay the bills, but over time that extra income has become just that, extra income. Now that extra income is used primarily for travel.

So, I don't think you are doing anything wrong. If you and your wife have a strong desire to travel in time you will find a way to do so.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)