AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 1/31/16*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 1/31/2016 09:13 (#5076582)
Subject: *****Weigh Ins For 1/31/16*****

Good Sunday morning. The last weigh in for January. Did the month seem to take forever to get through? Was there too many temptations for you? For you new posters to this thread, congratulations for getting through you first month. For the rest of us left from last year, I hope the new year brought you a renewed interest in getting those extra pounds off.
So next Sunday is the Super Bowl. My Packers aren't in it but we are still going to CA to stay with our son and going to a party. How do you avoid the chips, dips, wings and the treats. You don't have to if you don't want to. Sometimes when you deny yourself everything, it does more harm then good. But when you step up to the party table, take your plate and make sure no food touches any other food. What I mean is very small portions. Now that doesn't mean that you should practice how to stack food vertically this week. The problem comes from loading your plate, having that paper plate bending from the weight of the food. Pretend you are a food sampler where you take little bites and roll it around your mouth to get all the flavor. We all eat too fast and don't realize just how much we eat. Think of the group when you are tempted. Oh also the beer or other spirits. For every drink you drink, drink a glass of water.
So how did the scale look for you this morning? We had a neighborhood pot luck again last night and that piece of pecan pie just called out Dave's name and he gained .4.
For me the can't chew diet seemed to help me. Was only suppose to be two days but Friday night I was flossing my teeth and I know you shouldn't floss a temporary crown and I thought it was the back tooth and I went by that tooth and it started to lift off. I pushed it back down and I eat very slowly now and avoid chewy foods. I lost 3.8 pounds.
Speaking of Super Bowl, we will be gone so no weigh ins for Dave and me, but I will get the thread going but an hour later as we will be pacific time. Have a great week.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)