AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Taekwondo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

doggone
Posted 1/29/2016 00:30 (#5071605 - in reply to #5071563)
Subject: Other things Tae Kwon Do teaches

south central MN
A good TKD school teaches history of TKD and its home country Korea. Instructors use the Korean words for the commands used and teach students to count in Korean also the words for kicks, punch, turn and jump are thought in Korean. Students learn the American flag in detail such as in the fifty stars there are four rows of five and five rows of six. The 13 stripes and what red and white represent. They will also learn about the Korean flag and what the symbols represent. These things will be taught while standing still, facing the instructor and at attention. They will learn the tenants of TKD. Which are Courtesy Integrity Self Control and Indomitable Spirit followed by Sir! My wife is a 3 Degree Black Belt and my son is a second degree Pume which means someone under 16 years olds equivalent of black belt. I have gotten as far as a purple belt. And would recommend it to anyone for themselves or their children. But check out the schools credentials such as what organization is this school under. WTF is the best their certificates come from the Kukkwon in Korea. Who does the belt testing. WTF testing is done by a Higher degree Master then what their instructor holds. Do they have tournaments that you can go to within the larger organization.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)