AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for grain gate (coal chute) to put in end dump tailgate
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 8/18/2006 22:32 (#37050 - in reply to #36765)
Subject: RE: How about something different?

Mike,

What you show in the picture was about what I was thinking about. Figured it would have to be at least 12x12, probably a little bigger to get enough flow. Can't quite figure out what you described about the other style, but doubt if it would work on a half round anyway.

Looking at doing some custom on site hauling and dumping into a high speed conveyor filling a bunker with corn. They were hoping that 2 trailers could haul 8000 bu per hour, but I don't think it will be that fast. Mainly because of the down time of the conveyor while one truck pulls out and the other backs in.

They wanted us to put a short spout on the outside that would funnel it right in to a box on the belt conveyor similar to what you're doing on the auger.

I've heard from several folks to just make a new tailgate, most agree it wouldn't take too much to do it instead of cutting a hole in the one we have. I figured that we could bolt it all in and when we were done with it we could just bolt a plate back over the inside of the tailgate. Very seldom do we ever haul anything that gets back on the tailgate anyway. If it's loaded right you don't even have to have the gate latched and most times when I'm backing in somewhere to dump I pick up the gate so there is no possible way to pull a mud flap off.

Going to think it over some more and see which way we go. The fellow we run for has said he doesn't think it would be hard to make a gate, if he ends up doing that we may just have him build 2 because he runs mostly Clement trailers that are identical to ours. I attached a couple of pics of the trailer.

Thanks for the help. Looks like you've got some rain headed your way tonight. Sure wish we could get some here. Most upland beans are getting a whitish green color to them now. All the sandy spots in the sand are a foot tall and turning brown even where we sprinkle, just can't keep enough water in that blow sand when it gets this hot and dry.

(DSC01872 (Medium).JPG)

(DSC01873 (Medium).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC01872 (Medium).JPG (80KB - 1604 downloads)
Attachments DSC01873 (Medium).JPG (64KB - 1664 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)