AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CFTC Numbers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 11/30/2015 21:41 (#4930312 - in reply to #4930102)
Subject: RE: CFTC corn Numbers

Buxton ND
I can't help but think that traders are adjusting their positions.
Of the 94,000 contract decline in corn almost all of it was in old crop.

These to comment by 1234 are important, my thoughts if different then his. IMO the word "Redemption's" comes into play here. "Redemption's" is a fancy dancy way of small/mid/large investors saying I WANT MY MONEY BACK. Money's that were invested for a period of 2-3 years is the normal. 3 year dates back to 2011. Roll back the clock 3 years the headlines were "DROUGHT will we have enough corn, can we make it til the next year crop if memory serves the Weather channel was STILL running this drought special called "BURNED UP" A Weather channel pretty catchy phase to get money flowing in grain it is not ? I watched this "Weather channel special" they showed the nastyest and the nasty's of brunt up corn in the SE For a few weeks I kept the weather channel on in the back ground, this special ran over and over and OVER again. Is this a part of the reason I'm suing the word "Redemption's" You gotta think about this for awhile, times of 3 years match near prefect with "THE PEAK" of spec longs on for all of 2012 was on 12.4.2012 How much money was "suckered in the corn market because of the weather channel ???. Those late to the party as the spec money was already leaving in the first 6 months of *****2011***** in commodities in general.

Long yes your interrupting that right, my guess would be there's more to the short side but via more longs selling (long liquidation) compared to more net short entering. Since the last report longs have been exiting alot. Can't quiet see any more new short sellers unless the USDA raises yield/production up carry-over.

We have 8 trading days til the next report, would be VERY hard from them to go record net short more then that 135k in that "short" of time frame.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)