AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tons per foot in a 14' bag
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

buckeyefarmer
Posted 11/29/2015 16:47 (#4926765)
Subject: Tons per foot in a 14' bag

nw oh
Was talking with a relative who does a lot of custom chopping and poop hauling (he haul's out my pit barn). He has mentioned chopping our silage and earlage a few times. I prefer bags and have all the equipment to do it ourselves.

We need to do about 10 9' x 200' bags a year so it takes up a lot of room. He mentioned the one Dairy he does a lot of custom work for has access to a 14' bagger. It really has me interested in renting that and having him do it with his newer chopper and trucks versus my dad and I running wagons and owning all the equipment. Would also give me an excuse to get out of doing the custom work that we have been doing.

Currently run a 5730 with a 20' H S and a 18' Meyer with a 9' Ag Bagger. With custom work took us about the whole month of September to get through our silage, earlage and custom silage work. That was with good weather most of the time. It would probably take him 4 days max to do all the silage and earlage. Would be more inclined to do a little more earlage with him doing it. I get worn out and ready to be done pretty quick and this year beans came on pretty quick.

I do not have many worries about his timeliness. I have heard his rates for chopping hauling and packing. I need to quiz him on price of bags and bagger. What are your experiences on price of bagger rent and bags for a 14'?

Am I crazy for considering this?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)