AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 11/29/15*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 11/29/2015 15:29 (#4926596 - in reply to #4926382)
Subject: RE: *****Weigh Ins For 11/29/15*****

I don't pay any attention to calories. I strictly look at carbs and sugars. I've also seen that the fiber should be subtracted from the carbs. but I've never read anything about subtracting sugar alcohols ? Seems to me if it's sugar it would not be subtracted ? Beer and potatoes are both pretty high carb loads with potatoes being essentially like raw sugar.

So yogurt and a meal bar, in how I would look at it would be 14g and 13.6g of carbs for 27.6g carbs just for breakfast ? What other carbs do you have during the day ? total g of carbs for the day ?

Most of what I eat I try and keep carbs and sugars at 1g or less for each item I'm eating . Limiting the sugars and carbs to the smallest number per day as possible. Trying to stay well under 25-30g for the day and no more than 50g

I think some of the dietary foods being sold are somewhat confusing characterizing good and bad carbs. I strictly look at total carbs and try and eliminate them everywhere I can. These diet plans try and say you can still have bread and pasta and desserts and realistically from my own experience I can't.  I'm not going to pay somebody a lot of money to blow sunshine at me and basically tell me I can still eat what I like but achieve the weight loss I want through portion control and lots of exercise. Maybe that works for some but it was a disaster for me when I tried that method.

Here is the link to the original thread where I posted Mr. Denninger's article that prompted me to begin this.

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=565947&posts=1#M4662146

I've got several other articles that he wrote recently but are now not visible online that might be of interest if you would like I could try and email them to you ?

Again I am not a Dr. or expert in any regard to any of this just trying to elaborate a little more on what I am doing and having success with.

Not sure what you can substitute for breakfast if the eggs and bacon are not agreeing with you. Is it the eggs or is it the bacon ?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)