AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First flock of turkeys pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

BurkFarms
Posted 11/29/2015 14:18 (#4926493 - in reply to #4926362)
Subject: RE: First flock of turkeys pics

East Central Indiana
Yes it can be quiet noisy at times but not too bad.

These birds were 5 1/2 weeks old when they came in. They will leave somewhere between 19 and 20 weeks. My integrator doesn't allow brooder house and finishers on the same location any more. They used to but in an effort to keep disease pressure down they went away from that. This flock came from a farm 38 miles from mine.
There are roughly 5,650 birds in each of the 2 barns we have. At 20 weeks they will weigh between 40-45lbs.
A computer system runs all of the water/feed lines/ ventilation, heat, and lighting schedule. The feed line all moves up and down together with a crank in the center of the building. Each waterer hangs on its own rod with chain attached to it to adjust the height of the bell waters. There are 4 hooks on the ceiling above each watered. I will move the waterers to a different hook every few days to help keep the floor dry. It's really quiet simple to move them. I moved all waterers today and it only took me an extra 5 minutes per barn.
Bedding is finely ground wood shavings. Some guys use rice hulls, the best bedding is brooder house litter but it's tough to get your hands on.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)