AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

244j wheel loader ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dabeegmon
Posted 11/29/2015 08:59 (#4925921 - in reply to #4925781)
Subject: RE: 244j wheel loader ?

SE Manitoba
IAhaymakr - 11/29/2015 07:33

I made that same trade last summer, from a 328D to a 244J. The little payloader will do everything the skid steer did, only better. I don't miss anything about the skid steer and now see how much it lacked for just about every job I used it for. Ride control is nice, cant say what it would be like without it. I run a post auger, grapple etc with the third function and it works just fine. Not sure of any weaknesses yet as I only have 500 hours on mine so far. My usage sounds similar to yours, huge improvement here.

Can't remember the brand but there are some small articulated telehandler sort of machines that might even work better than the wheel loader (make sure you get something with very high axle strength or you'll be up the creek on poor axles!).

Have skid steer now and like the maneuverability ran a older wheel loader for years and loved the strength and weight carry of the machine. Don't think I've run into anything that really combines the two totally. Seems like there are compromises in most everything in life!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)