AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Abengoa news story
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 11/26/2015 21:48 (#4921291 - in reply to #4921165)
Subject: RE: Abengoa news story

East Central South Dakota
Phil, I guess we will just agree to disagree on the trade issue. They do not have to belong to Growth Energy, there are eight different ethanol trade organiztions -------http://ethanolproducer.com/articles/9017/trade-organizations-form-biofuel-producers-coordinating-council ---- they could belong to that supports and advocates ethanol as an important part of the energy picture that is renewable and environmentally friendly. If you support the industry pick one of the eight and be an advocate for the industry, if you chose to do nothing I believe you aren't much of a supporter. This goes for NCBA, R-calf, corn growers, bean grower--you name it. If you--as a producer of anything--- aren't going to be an advocate for your industry who will be ? ? ? Your opposition right ---and they might advocate what you as a producer might not support. Is the American Petroleum Institute not advocating their product and disparaging ethanol ? ?

As for the mandate, that I haven't once brought up in this thread---I might agree with you---maybe we have matured enough as an industry to survive, but as corn goes to 1.8 billion bushels plus to carryover and prices plummet, that is a risk I am not quite ready to take----just the corn markets emotional reaction to the announcement, even if not fundamentally justified, could be huge. I agree the movement should be for the mandate to go away on a trial and see what happens, I just don't think that time is today.

EDIT---- http://ethanolproducer.com/articles/9017/trade-organizations-form-b...

HOPE THAT WORKS BETTER

Edited by white shadow 11/26/2015 22:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)