AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble 2050
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

FactoryFarmer
Posted 11/26/2015 10:50 (#4920073 - in reply to #4919312)
Subject: RE: Trimble 2050

N IL

Dogface1SG - 11/26/2015 04:20 Pros of the 2050 - much faster processor/response, you can see the screen in direct sunlight, only one cable running up to the monitor. It is an android based system so the user interface is familiar to anyone with an android phone or tablet. The FMX Plus App is the same user interface as the FMX ver. 9.25 Cons - more difficult to move from vehicle to vehicle if using RTK via 450/900 MHz, the Monitor and TM-200 must be moved. You can purchase an additional TM-200 but, if using RTK, you would have to purchase an additional radio for the TM-200 totaling over $4000-6000 depending on primary globe only or dual globe. We use it primarily for steering (AutoPilot on three JD tractors and one Cat 945C), WM-Drain and Field Level II (tiling, waterway work and land planning). It has worked very well in those applications. BTW, upgrading just to upgrade, I wouldn't right now. If your current equipment gets the job done right, the first two pros would be your only gain. The FMX has implement steer as well. If you are buying a new system, I would strongly consider the TMX as I suspect the FMX's day are numbered now that the TMX has all of its functions.

The TMX does now as well but you can't use next swath and implement steering together.

I'd love to do the upgrade but our problem is we'd have to upgrade all systems not just one so we can swamp monitors around if we have any issues. Allot of guys are still using insights so I guess we'll keep using our fmx's. Although the one thing I don't like is how we have at least one crash every year. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)