AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Work out programs?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

fishand run
Posted 11/22/2015 19:50 (#4913668 - in reply to #4913590)
Subject: RE: Work out programs?

Bloomington and Putnam IL
I work in the agronomy field. I'm 51 and went from weighing 190+ to the upper 150s over the last 3 years so I could run 5ks with my teenage son (he always beats me but I am very competitive in medium and small races despite being one of few runners with some muscle mass). I lift weights 3 times a week and use 40# dumb bells for about 15 minutes each session. I start with a few stretches then do a set of push ups. I can do 70+ perfect form push ups then do as many sit ups as I can (a painful 75 or so) then a set of leg lifts, more sit ups (40ish) then more leg lifts before I work the weights (mainly curls and over the head work). I have found running is what really changes the body though (our 5K got snowed out on Saturday so I did 5 miles in the cold after the Bears game today). I usually run 20 + miles a week, usually 3.5 miles 4 or 5 times a week with a weekend 5k (the hotter the better for sweating and getting fit). I work out in the basement and run in the neighborhood so total investment is low (50 for the weights and a hundred a couple times a year for my running shoes).

Edited by fishand run 11/22/2015 19:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)