AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tram lines using a GS2630 + Rate Controller?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tomi_wunder
Posted 11/22/2015 09:17 (#4912399)
Subject: Tram lines using a GS2630 + Rate Controller?

Hi,
sorry for having to send ahead my long story first:
Since I've got to replace my old and pretty broken seed drill (plus power harrow) combination I'm looking for an appropriate solution (3 meters in width, pneumatic, variable rate support, automatic coverage/boundary based shutoff, tramlining support) that could be integrated with our current AMS (Deere GS2630, SF3000, RTK, ISOBus ready tractors) equipment. There are a couple of well known manufacturers which meanwhile provide ISOBus-equipped seed drills even in the three meters scale whose products are looking pretty nice at first sight. When looking closer though, there are many things that are quite disappointing:
It appears ISOBus drills, probably by specification, wouldn't really 'integrate' with a GreenStar terminal apart from displaying their graphical user interface and receiving current position/speed/hitch level/hydraulic valve state/etc. passed from the receiver or the vehicle. However it seems the system doesn't provide any 'location specific' information like current prescription rate, current coverage (yes/no), field/headland boundaries (inside/partially inside/outside), or current guidance track information (i.e. 'on tram line' vs. 'normal pass') to the implement task controller. So from what I've understood, those implement task controllers have to record and manage boundaries and coverage information separately and also would not respect the 2630's tram line configuration for automatic row shutoff but would rather leave it to the user or a stupid counter to take care thereof.

Doing some more research recently I found that Deere's Rate Controller together with a SwathControl activation (even though my future drill would have only one section, but some shutoff units to close certain rows at one go) would be able to do variable rate seeding as well as automatic (internal map based) headland shutoff and some other nice stuff and could therefore probably (by investing a serious amount of work) be used as a substitute for such a third party task controller.

Now comes my question(s):
Is my previous assumption correct so far? Otherwise, why not?
There was nothing in the manuals I've found on the web so far: Would the Rate Controller support shutting off (assuming I had an electric actuator) designated rows when following a tram line previously programmed under my 2630's tram line settings?
What solution does Deere otherwise provide to physically carry out tram lines or is that still a 'virtual' feature of the display without any tangible effect?

I hope that my aims have become clear to some extent,... the english language is still quite challenging to me : -)

Thanks a million and best regards!
Thomas
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)