AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hughes Generation 4 Internet - Any Better?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

kenabcd
Posted 11/21/2015 19:45 (#4911476 - in reply to #4910790)
Subject: RE: Hughes Generation 4 Internet - Any Better?

Cokato MN
I think it all depends on your perspective. We love our service. We are almost like townfolk.

Depending on where you are located, they have different plans.

Our plan is 50GB anytime +10GB after hours for about $85.00 per month. We watch our consumption meter and usually use about 90% per month, once in a while more and we bust the limit, but it just slows down, no more video, but no more $$ either!

Almost never had any problem with service. Maybe once during a severe storm for 15 minutes. We watch Netflix on it, almost like regular people!

This is where the perspective comes into play. We had a slow hot spot with 10GB per month from two different cell phone companies, one shut down to way slow when we hit the limit, the other seemed like they speeded us up when we hit the limit cause they jacked us up $$$!

I think the worst month was about $275.00.

Kids in school, far from town, very low population density of internet users, there are no options for us other than "get out your wallet"!

I hear about how we need to give out cell phones with data plans to intercity types, it would be nice to have options for fast cheap internet, but when the options were presented, Hughes really rules for us.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)