AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hughes Generation 4 Internet - Any Better?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

rancherman
Posted 11/21/2015 13:43 (#4910830 - in reply to #4910790)
Subject: RE: Hughes Generation 4 Internet - Any Better?

Just by going of the  hughes.net  community,  I'd say  NO.    But on the other hand,   most people don't post stuff to  praise..  Common  problems  seem to be   speed, speed speed.  (or lack of)   

Bandwidth allowance  and packages   seem  a little different too..     Sounds like you get a full months allowance  all at once,  and if you burn through it..  yer screwed..  I kinda like the 24 hour  data allowance refresh.

I'm keeping   what I've got for now.    I wanted to  get in a larger data package,  but   the only way to do that is to  move to Gen4. 

Sounds like there is going to be another bird  up there to  fill in the   'dark part' of the USA..  you know,   the Midwest!      west coast and  eastern 3rd had  gen 4 coverage   first. 

I'd recommend you  lurking around the  Hughes. community boards  and   I think you'll get a pretty good idea  on what's going on

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet

edit..  not sure what  to call what I have... Gen 3?  'old'  seems to work too.  lol

On the plus side,   support is  better these days.    Just don't call  customer service,  you'll be pulling your hair out trying to have a conversation..

I've  worked several issues out by going to  the community boards,  and they  are monitored by actual Hughes employees,  with  good success.

Edited by rancherman 11/21/2015 13:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)