AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calling all ladies involved in the beef idustry!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

MissTrey8650
Posted 11/29/2015 11:35 (#4926218 - in reply to #4910720)
Subject: RE: Calling all ladies involved in the beef idustry!

Hope I'm not too late in answering!
I was born into it really. My grandpa grew up farming but he got the cattle started for our operation. I've been involved since before I could walk! I fell in love and that's all there is to that.
To other women in the industry, be confident. Don't second guess yourself or cut yourself short on your knowledge or abilities.
My current involvement varies. I am 17 so I'm in high school and still live at home. I help feed and doctor on the weekend. We have a fairly large backgrounding operation 2,000-4,000 head a year. I also help process on the weekends when we get new cattle. We also have a cow/calf herd of about 160 head. Those are kept at my uncles about 20 miles north of me so my involvement there hasn't been as much as I'd like.
My favorite aspect about this industry is that it keeps you on your toes. And the cattle. I love taking care of the cattle. The sense of responsibility of caring for another living creature is so rewarding.
I haven't faced many struggles yet but I feel as if I'm still living in the shadow of my dad and grandpa. They are both very well respected in the cattle business so whenever someone hears I'm related to them they automatically feel the need to be nice to me.
Hope this helps! Good luck!

Cassidy
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)