AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Smoked Turkey
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

a4t-1600
Posted 11/17/2015 21:01 (#4903010 - in reply to #4902960)
Subject: RE: Smoked Turkey

Dearfield Co.
I like them fried as well but my family is tired of that we also cooked them in a barrel for years suspended over a bag of charcoal chunks by a stainless wire. It was a method recommend by a local cardiologist . I enjoyed that on warm years and lots of my neighbors always wondered why when I burned the trash on thanksgiving it smelled so good lol.

It really isn't how the bird is cooked thats important but the importance is to make sure all your friends and family get the bird if they have no other place to go. I even invite people I dont care for if they are alone that day. After trucking all these years and seeing how perfect strangers react on this holiday I try and do the same if I can't be selected to volunteer at the rescue mission in Denver. I was at a truck stop in New Braunfels Tx a few years back a little mad my load had canceled when a bus drove up and high school kids went truck to truck asking the drivers if they wanted to come to a church for dinner. I went and had a excellent meal along with finding new friends. They had turkey prepared so many ways it was funny ---------
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)