AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn Plot Results and Data
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 10/9/2015 11:19 (#4831129)
Subject: Corn Plot Results and Data

King City, Mo
Harvested the corn plots at my house. Not bottom ground but "Prairie flower" community years ago.

I work for a distributor of Agrigold and hosted the field day for Willcross seed in King City.

Agrigold provided the corn, my work the 1984 mounted kinze planter and tractor for the plots.

Also Becks sent some corn. Pioneer dealer sent some corn. Aztec ag sent the high protein partners brand.

Last year graintrader had some really good 92 day Agrigold corn over in Indania which gave me the idea to do an early corn plot.

The XA start of a number is an experimental agrilient number.

Early corn was in the back yard. Then on south of it was the competitors heavy plot.

Front yard had the default Agrigold show set and then the specialities were added on as a nother set just north of that plot.

The NET plot is on west of the house along the road. We did some add on so the agronomist could get another look at some numbers.

Population plot was convention corn on corn and not fall worked and needs chiseling as it got packed last year from the plot traffic and wasn't consistent on the yield.

Fertilizer was all dry and put on last fall and this spring. Ams and untreated urea was the N source. All spread cross ways of the plots. Tillage and spraying was done crossways.

Spray was generic bicept pre and Laudis post. I should have sprayed the Laudis earlier.

I ran the planter and all was planted in one long dang day.... I ran the combine and had one long dang day picking. Agrigold agronomist lined out the corns and picked what order we planted them.

The unknowns in the back yard are a breeder who wanted us to try some seed.

The eBay corn didnt fair to well. It's the second unknown in the early plot in the back yard right next to A6408.

The unknown in the front yard was the open pollinated. I hand picked the bloody butcher and got 5 totes off it. I picked one tote of the Reid's open pollinated by hand and ran the rest of it with the combine. The yield data on it does not account for the hand picked corn.

Weather station data thanks to intelliFarms.

Not as good as last year but very good corn.

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (141KB - 122 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (171KB - 103 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (65KB - 111 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (94KB - 123 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (92KB - 110 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (92KB - 109 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (93KB - 105 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (79KB - 129 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (152KB - 127 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (91KB - 125 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (155KB - 96 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (170KB - 131 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (155KB - 96 downloads)
Attachments image.jpg (231KB - 143 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)