AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Self pick strawberries work, how about self pick beef??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

beanplanter
Posted 10/7/2015 19:23 (#4828247 - in reply to #4828085)
Subject: RE: Self pick strawberries work, how about self pick beef??

Missouri

I sell a few fats every year like this.

Several of these people watched me grow up though, so it's not like I'm dealing with some crazy person off craigslist who just wants to come screw with my operation. One guy always wants the smallest fattest shortest necked butterball and another lady usually takes the framed up monster steaked beast of the pen. Their "pick" seems to be motivated by something their dad or grandfather told them about beef years ago. They're all dead and gone now, but I used to sell to a group of older ladies who gave all the meat away as gifts for their grand kids. These were the knock unwanted kittens in the head and sipping whiskey after church type/generation so those conversations were always hilariously entertaining. It is time consuming, but the premium is normally worth it. The random person who pulls in the drive after they heard about it through word of mouth pays the same premium though, so I'm not sure it's really a big selling point.

It seems most prefer to just tell the locker big or small and he does the picking when he comes out to kill. The whole seeing your food before you eat it thing doesn't settle with a lot of people.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)