AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New organic dairy start up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Mndairyman56
Posted 10/7/2015 16:24 (#4828083 - in reply to #4827811)
Subject: RE: New organic dairy start up

I agree with everything said from young farmer and cjd, I'll add my .02 since I think that's what you're after!!?? As of right now I'm still feeding like young farmer, cows go out everyday on balage get component fed in the barn with silage and grain, I am.getting a tmr.but you can no.doubt do.just fine without, if you're going organic your cows need to be out alot so conpinent.feeding 40'cows wouldn't be bad. , a lot of producers in stall barns can feed faster without tmr, but you need to decide what your goals are. I've been running around the barn top dressing ,84 cows corn.4x a day and protein 2x, but it's getting old by the time everything is fed and.cows go out and in the.days over!!! But you'll.get more milk.Then feeding.2x I guess you need to think about where you want to go with the operation, with it being new start up.and only 40 cows I wouldn't make any purchases until you get a feel for what's going on and what you want to do. Keep asking questions is the best thing I ever do!! I doubt my opinion helped but there it is!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)