AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My Grandkids may have a story to remember!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Dirtyboots
Posted 10/6/2015 23:48 (#4827254)
Subject: My Grandkids may have a story to remember!

Central indiana
I've been keeping my numbers at 40 to 60% since last summer as I just wasn't comfortable with the in prices. A couple weeks ago as the prices had dropped what I thought was a BIG drop, I bought a couple loads of Smokes and Blacks out of southern Kentucky. 856# at 1.67 I thought these steers were a great buy at the time. As we have been wanting to set up something to eventually help our Grandkids get through college without a huge debt when they are done, I thought what a better time. They each picked out their own steer. I wrote up a purchase contract and feeding contract which spells out interest rates,vacc. charges, and trucking. I just might be putting 2-10 year old boys, a 7 year old girl and the cutest 2 year old girl as the youngest investors to ever get upside down feeding cattle. We'll ride this until we can make it work to their benefit, but if nothing else they could chart in show and tell at school, how much money that they have lost in cattle--thanks to Grandpa. Will also be teaching how one bad turn doesn't make the whole road bad.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)