AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is this cable/USB adapter called that I need?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 9/20/2015 10:17 (#4798869)
Subject: What is this cable/USB adapter called that I need?

Chebanse, IL.....

OK...I have internet signal coming into "Building A" from another nearby building ("Building B") via router cable. The modem/router residing in "building B" is hooked to a wireless Verizon stick. The router itself is both WiFi & wired. But, to go from one nearby metal building into another nearby metal building would really diminish the signal. So, it's hard-wired to make that trip. I'm not sure what you call the end of the signal cable that brings internet to "Building A", but it is like an overgrown old clear plastic telephone plug. The old phone plugs had 4 terminals, this has 6 or so, I think. It's about 50% larger than a telephone wall jack plug.

But then, I have to adapt that telephone resembling plug into a male USB to get into a smaller computer. It used to go into the back of a standard desk-top computer, but the new smaller one has only USBs. The adapter will need a female telephone looking adapter & a male USB on the other end.

So, what is that telephone plug end called & is there such an adapter? I assume there is such an adapter.

Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)