AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

W7 - Stubborn virus??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

guessrow
Posted 9/1/2015 11:00 (#4764401)
Subject: W7 - Stubborn virus??

Le Sueur VIA St.Thomas
So, my co-worker brought me his W7 (Home Premium) computer to look at- he claims can't get on the internet. I took it home, hooked it up to my internet, booted it up..... Yep, he's right... internet browsers do not want to work...

The computer is connected to the 'net- It downloaded updates, including the W10 update (I did not install any updates). The computer has IE and Chrome installed- both browsers come up with 'This page cannot be displayed', similar to what pops up when my internet is down. I click 'Fix connection problems' but it doesn't come up with anything. The address bar has something related to 'vinstaller' which might to be this: http://malwarefixes.com/remove-2-vinstaller-com-pop/

The computer has Norton installed, but appears to be disabled or corrupt- I get a pop up error saying 'server not found' here as well- Haven't fooled with this too much, yet.

I have reset IE and Chrome to factory settings (for both user profiles) on the computer. Even tried it in safe mode... no dice... Wanted to try a restore, but there are no restore points to work with. I can't run Norton, Haven't tried Defender, yet. I cant get online to get Malwarebytes...

Now what? Thoughts? Any chance updating to W10 will make this magically go away? I do have a W7 PRO install disc... I will plug away tonight, but would appreciate ideas- I'm low on them right now...

good luck -jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)