AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Todays Census Report__Who Cares?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

back.forty
Posted 8/31/2015 23:44 (#4763870 - in reply to #4763080)
Subject: RE: You don't know where you're going if ....

SE Ia

True. I have a pretty good idea from my books, bank statements/balances, inventory and tax returns to know where I am and where I've been. It's nice to look through the census and feel I've done pretty darn good, even if it meant a couple decades ago I decided at midlife to dust off my BA in math to get an off farm job to supplement farm income.

Farmers reported about 460 million bu less production of corn for the 2012 census than the government posted in the crop production report. It seems like a big difference to me. Farmers also reported in the census they planted a few more acres of corn than posted in the crop production report.

In 2012 the 38 million bu less of soybeans farmers reported for the census doesn't seem like that big a difference until you subtract 38 million from the carryover.

I get confused by simple things. Do farmers report different things in a survey or for insurance purposes than they do for a census? Why don't the insurance companies have to share their acre and yield data since it seems to be tied to FSA acreage reports and subsidized insurance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)