AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CIH combine chaffer mount. Your ideas? Mine with pics.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 6/27/2008 09:27 (#405438)
Subject: CIH combine chaffer mount. Your ideas? Mine with pics.

Hi all. I dont know how many here that run cih machines actually need to remove or re-install their chaffers, but I do it quite frequently and dont care at all for the way the factory put the bolt setup on the rail. A wrench will not fit, at least not on mine,even with the new rails. So here's what I did yesturday to solve that problem.

I was curious while making these what others may have done to make change outs more friendly. What are your ideas???

First I drilled the last hole all the way through. It is drilled in the rail part, but not through the brace they later bandaid fixed to help with the breakage problem. That brace is why the wrench wont fit.

Then I took some scrap heavy flat bar and cut it to fit. Just to use what I had sitting around, I ended up making a right and a left. If someone were to make these for sale or something, a guy could make them bi-directional and fit either side, but........ I drilled the rail anchor hole first, then tapped it.

After a test fit, I measured the chaffer anchor hole and drilled all the way through the block. Because I dont have a reduced shank tap or an extention tap, I over drilled the backside of the hole to allow the bolt to continue on beyond the threads.

Throw a little color on'm

They fit. This should also help strengthen the rail, which would be good cause they are spendy and a pita to replace.

Thanks for looking. If you have a method you've come up with, I'd sure like to see it. Allways looking for ways to make life easier.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)