AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Smartsteer 3D strange issue, need help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

F_armer
Posted 8/30/2015 16:02 (#4761237)
Subject: Raven Smartsteer 3D strange issue, need help

WC Saskatchewan

I have 3 Smartsteers and they all work very well in the tractors.  The problem I am having is in the combines.
I have 2 9760STS Deeres, that have smartsteers that a switch out of the tractors.
In the tractors I use firmware 6.0.17  It works good, calibrates fine, and I can calibrate the tilt sensors fine. And they steer great.
When I switch to the combines they don't steer worth a hoot, they want to turn suddenly, and abrubtly one way or the other, just not useable at all.
I have all my settings as:
- machine I choose 9750sts
- antenna from rear axle 18.5 ft
-wheelbase 11.8 ft
- antenna height 13 ft
I can do the calibration in the field and everything completes just fine.  But then steers terrible when I do my A-B
- I tried to do a tilt calibration, so I flag my rear tires hit start, then turn around and line the back axle up with my mark, and everything reads correctly except the fore/aft, which reads -24 ft or there abouts. So it seems something is very wrong with the settings, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?
Both combines to the exact same thing, so its got to be a setting, most likely the rear axle to antenna setting, but what could I do different?

My fix for now is downgrading the firmware to version 5.3 and it works ok, but it bugs the heck outta me why it don't work with 6.017....
Has anyone run into this before??
Thanks 

Edited by F_armer 8/30/2015 16:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)