AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cleaning Hoarder's Shop, Help!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

rainbowequipment
Posted 8/28/2015 15:13 (#4758020)
Subject: Cleaning Hoarder's Shop, Help!

So I've been cleaning my dads shop the last few days while he has been gone on vacation since I figured it would be the best time to get rid of things. It desperately needs cleaned so we can actually bring things into the shop to work on this winter, it is still a pretty nice shop but it pains me to see it filled with a bunch of junk that we will never use again. How do/did you guys go about getting rid of things? I see that some people do the "if it hasn't been used in 10 years, toss it" and I like that method, if I was to do that I think 75-90% of the stuff in that shop would be tossed but I just cant but help it's not my place to toss it but if you were to drive by their place it would look like a junkyard with all the old equipment surrounding the lot. Some of the stuff saved includes a lot of old belts and such that have been worn down or slipped but as he always says "we can use it in a pinch" but my philosophy is that if you're good belt gets worn out you might as well put another brand new belt on it. Tools are of course always left on the bench and such even though there are places for them but I have them organized for the moment. I really just want to toss a bunch of stuff out and then if I get confronted about it, ask him what I tossed since I highly doubt he'd even know with all the crap that has been collecting dust over the years. What do you guys think, is it not my place to throw stuff? I'm going to inherit this mess down the road and would like it to be clean when I'm in charge of it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)