AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader nudge option ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

onionfarmer
Posted 8/31/2015 22:53 (#4763795 - in reply to #4759000)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader nudge option ?

Corinne, Utah
Nudge moves all the lines in the field temporarily. If you nudge the lines to the north 3 inches on a west bound pass, when you turn around all the lines will still be 3 inches to the north and your guess row should be OK(except for the drift on waas). Nudge doesn't move the line in relation to the tractor, it moves the lines in relation to the earth. If it was in relation to the tractor, when you turned around your guess row would be totally off. It doesn't save a new A-B line, it just allows you to move the lines over so your guess row is correct. If you reset your guidance line and then pull up the same a-b line again, it will be in the same place as it was when you first made it(plus or minus how much waas has drifted since you made it), it won't be nudged any more. When you nudge, the original a-b line gets nudged also, but it isn't saved in its new position.
The 'remark A' actually saves a new line that is parallel to your original a-b line.
For what you are doing, the nudge is what you want to use because as the waas drifts back and forth, you will just nudge back and forth as needed. According to what you see with your markers. You don't want to save a new line every time you need to nudge. Be aware that waas can drift quite a bit and it can happen pretty quickly. That is why it isn't recommended for planting. I used to use waas for bedding or listing in the fall where I would mark out rows. In my area I was usually plus or minus 4 inches on a pass to pass basis. I was mostly using my markers to keep my guess rows right, and the lightbar to help me keep the rows straight. If you are using assisted steering you would pretty much do the same thing. You will still have to use your markers and watch them a lot, and nudge to keep the tractor driving on the marker.
Hope that calms your frustration.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)