AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wheat's trouble
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 8/28/2015 10:09 (#4757591 - in reply to #4757386)
Subject: 2..3..4 myn acre decline in Wheaties..

got a direct quote:  "Our trade area will probably see a 40% reduction in planted wheat acres this year.."

8^0

Why?

Increased Sorghum acreage will not turn around.. can not stubble that back to wheaties like you can corn..
LATE Planted Crops will not mature in time to stubble back
Wet Fall will delay getting the fall crop out putting pressure on stubble back acreage
reduced stubble back yields in today's economy does not pay..

etc..

Now.. I'm NOT SAYING that we are NOT GOING TO TRY.. but given that about a third of my stubble back wheaties FROZE OUT LAST FALL.. "ouch" uhm.. the amount of EXPOSURE that I want to THAT is LESS this year..

SO.. Acres WILL BE DOWN.. a little.. modestly.. or ALOT.. the only question is.. how much?

Yes we do have moisture.. thus the continuous acres that are left.. should go in.. problem is.. in some cases.. we do have TOO MUCH moisture.. which will ALSO DELAY Fall Harvest.. and Stubble back to wheat.  STILL WAITING on Dryland 35 bu Corn (about 100 bu less than last year..) to dry so we can go report to Insurance... Claims will be HUGE here this year...

Plus less imports coming in from Canada this year.. plus a toppy dollar.. could light a fire under wheaties..

plus the carries.. terminals et all paying more than millers.. et all..  Wheat is going into STRONG HANDS now..

Seasonally we're due.. Maize cue Soy Roy.. 

Edited by JonSCKs 8/28/2015 10:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)