AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

accounting software for my wife
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 8/27/2015 23:56 (#4757127 - in reply to #4755952)
Subject: RE: accounting software for my wife

Southeast Wyoming

caseihfarmer - 8/27/2015 09:53 I currently use a non online version of quickbooks for our farm accounts and business. I would prefer to not intertwine any of that with any of my wife and I concerning personal accounts and her small business. she would also appreciate the two not being together. quickbooks is great but it is kind of pricey. I have my farm computer with quickbooks on it and she has her laptop she would like to use to balance our personal checking and the checking account of her small business. so judging by quickbooks rules I can only run the program on one computer, so that would technically require another license. wondering if their is any cheaper software out there that she could use to balance accounts and maybe print year end reports? looking at the quickbooks website today I noticed they are making it near impossible to even find the non online version to purchase. apparently that is the way it will be, good or bad. Thank you.

The simple (well maybe not so simple) way to handle it may be to have your wife doing your farm accounting as well as her own accounting.  One user can have the software on one computer AND on a portable computer so long as only the same specific person accesses and uses the software.

http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/articles/INF13321  

I did not understand that with last upgrade.  I was planning to have someone assist me with my farm accounting, using quickbooks on her computer.  I have quickbooks on a desktop and on a laptop for when I want to catch up on "books" while on the road.  I purchased a 3 user agreement; I would have only needed to purchase a 2 user agreement for that.  The problem with synchronizing entries caused the "help" situation to fall through so a one user agreement would have been good for just my desktop and my laptop.

Edited by Gary Lyon 8/27/2015 23:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)