AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anaplas?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Beefbiz
Posted 8/26/2015 07:27 (#4753758 - in reply to #4753743)
Subject: RE: Anaplas?

all over Iowa

feelnrite - 8/26/2015 07:21

I don't use the CTC non stop. I think if you do that you lose the effectiveness of it. In mineral you will need about 4000 grams per ton to be where you need to be on the CTC. I heard a vet from a diagnostic lab speak on this once and he said the main carrier of Anaplas is ticks. I always thought it was horse flies and he said they can carry too but he said most cases could be traced back to a tick. We have horse flies real bad here now and they have been here for a while now.  

A mineral with 4000 grams per ton will cover 1,000# cows at a 4 oz intake, if your cows are heavier than 1000# you are at risk.  We run 5600 grams per ton in all of ours. 
If you have warm enough weather to have flies or ticks year around, you better feed it year round.  From what I've heard people that are running it year round have not had any anaplas breaks so it must not be loosing effectiveness.
The other thing to remember is if you only have one cow with Anaplas, you can very easily spread it with syringe needles when you process the cows. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)