AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

a little perspctive on the crop size.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 8/25/2015 19:19 (#4752917)
Subject: a little perspctive on the crop size.

Red River Valley
Have been hearing more than a few " In the Know " peeps touting a corn crop size below 160 and beans below 44 on a national scale.

some here have been at those numbers also

well the most interesting notable I have seen thus far is the good Dr. C aka Michael Cordonnier -- Now the good Dr. C will never be mistaken for a overly bearish tout as most of the time he is in the camp that crops will be smaller than they end up.

He has taken no less than 6 field trips checking out this crop from the middle of June until today of the 6 trips none have gotten him west of I35 or North of hyway 30 in Iowa ( so kind of has viewed the hardest hit areas and today he up his bean yield by a whopping 2 bu and acre to 46 ( just shy of that crazy high USDA number ) and I believe kept his corn number at 166.

This from a guy that has never seen the above avg. to good side of this crop.

this crop may come in much lower than these numbers but betting against it seems like long odds to me.

The best shot the farmer has IMO at this time is to get this crop in the bin and hope that the market needs to push it to get it.

The likely hood of a $5.00 corn and $10.50 bean cbot bid is less than 15% (IMO) at this time.

Edited by Tara Farms 8/25/2015 19:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)