AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whooo, one of those days!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 8/21/2015 18:58 (#4746011)
Subject: Whooo, one of those days!

Texas/New Mexico Stateline
Ok, long story short, maybe.

Several weeks ago a lady called me out of the blue that lived in our area. She got my contact info from information linked to the church we attend. Anyway, she was very upset, and wondering if we had anyway to help them. Their cars had been broke down for months, they guy which she said was her husband had been gone a couple days and she couldn't get a hold of him. She was out of groceries and had no way to get to town anyway to buy any if she had money.

Well, we helped them out a little that day, the guy came back after he found a ride. They had had some kind of spat, but seemed to have made up and were going to work on things.

To complicate matters she had been battling cancer, and wasn't taking her treatments like she should have been because they were having so much trouble with their cars being broke down.

So over the past month we have been helping them a little with giving them some rides to town, and I have been helping work on one of the cars, which I determined had bent valves because the timing belt stripped out. So major $$ getting it running required.

But the snowball effect: don't have any money because they don't have a job, because they don't have transportation.

Just a miserable situation to be in I can see. Yes, they have made many many mistakes. No they don't have any family they can depend on for various reasons, like distance and lifestyle. But they have been very appreciative of the help we offered, and a little embarrassed to be in the situation they are in.

Anyway fast forward to 3:00 am this morning they call and she says she needs to go to the emergency room. They got an ambulance to come and take her, the news today was not good. The cancer has spread all over, and the prognosis is not good. She is less than 50yrs old, has two boys about 10 and 12.

Its been a long day, and I needed to share this if you think your situation is bad, there are lots of people out there in worse shape.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)