AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

knee brace and or excercises
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

BigNorsk
Posted 8/16/2015 21:46 (#4736907 - in reply to #4736154)
Subject: RE: knee brace and or excercises

Rolla, ND
don@nebr - 8/16/2015 14:47

Wondering if they make a brace for front to back unstable knees? MOST braces help side to side but not front to back.

Or any pt type exercises for said fix.

Went to regular doc as suggested here,,he says a brace will work. So next step??Ortho doc? What I have read on the net is "IF" its a bad PCL ligament not much to be done. No repair like a ACL or an MCL repair

I feel for you, really stretched my one knee in college kicking myself in the back of the head during a broomball game. Shaved my leg and learned to tape it so I could continue to play Rugby. As long as it didn't get to straight everything was pretty good. I was a grade two, partial tear and pretty loose. Didn't tear off bone or hurt the cartilage much. I think they do an MRI now, arthroscope was new when I did mine.

It was like if the knee got straight it felt like it was just going to keep on going.

Docs said if it wasn't getting worse, they wouldn't do anything. Kind of quit hurting between the first and second year sometime.

Anyone who deals with sports medicine can fix you up easy with a brace. You are looking for a range of motion control brace that controls extension and flexion. The amount of movement can be adjusted. They are used a lot after knee surgery too. Usually main use is to not let the leg bend too far so make sure to make it plain what movement you want controlled.

I wouldn't like the neoprene ones, I'd recommend something that breathes.

Almost missed the birth of my son talking to a knee brace salesman in the hallway, he had a couple of the then new synthetic material braces. I don't think my wife ever understood my personal interest in knee braces.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)