AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Self Propelled Grain Cart
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bushton4
Posted 6/21/2008 09:56 (#401872)
Subject: Self Propelled Grain Cart

Couldn't sleep last nite so I started thinking, a very dangerous proposition. We run an R72 with a Honeybee draper head. There is a lot of Canola going in the area and no one to swath it. As well as a lot of first crop alfalfa that gets chopped. My thought was to find an on older gleaner combine and modify it to just be a power unit for the draper head in end delivery mode. Older N6's and even some R60 can be found fairly cheap for my project and Gleaners are fairly popular in the area. I would take the cylinder and rotor out and the all other thing not needed. Maybe even run the header off of a hydraulic motor instead of belts. Just a thought.
I am not one to have a one trick pony around the farm, so I thought about modifing this gleaner power unit to be a self propelled grain cart as well. With the cage and rotor out of the machine the grain tank could be extened down some to maybe get to 500 bushel of capacity. The feederhouse could even be removed and the bottom of the grain tank extended down if I wanted to get real fancy. If need be I could install a couple of hydraulic drive augers to move the grain to the far side of the combine when loading in the field. A 400-500 bu. cart is just about right for our operation. These are all just theories, anybody want to blow some hole in my pipe dream?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)