AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cattle market
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

brads by laws
Posted 8/2/2015 10:52 (#4712193 - in reply to #4711158)
Subject: RE: Cattle market

I beg to differ Sat but how did the we're leaving comment work out earlier this year. They took April fats down over 20 something dollars. Yes they were leaving........then they had to come back. Cash was king and April is one damn fine month to have fat cattle ready. One would have thought fund managers would know that. One would of been wrong. I've been short cattle since late May. My reasons for being short have nothing to do with funds. I agree with you..........what feedlots are paying for calves has been insane. Feeder prices have been driven by feedlots...........not funds. Fat cattle prices have been driven by what they've been able to sell the beef for. Looks like that cookie is beginning to crumble. Yes those who thought the biology of a cow alone would hold up the cattle market probably don't have a good understanding of markets in general. I guess I'm saying I have great respect for your following the fund money when it comes to grains. When it comes to the cattle market............I think you give them way to much credit. There's just much more accountability with cattle. But I've been wrong before......................
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)