AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vanguard Tax assessor visits
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

fairviewfarmer
Posted 7/31/2015 16:27 (#4709806)
Subject: Vanguard Tax assessor visits

There was a similar post/thread awhile back about this. My county(in SW IA.) announced last week that starting this Monday they will be doing property visits and will ask to come inside the house to assess the value. The County has hired Vanguard to do this at a cost of $450,000. (the county has about 12,500 residents).....invasion of privacy at its worst, but my next question is: do they take pictures while they are inside the house? No one can get a straight answer on this from any of the 3 county supervisors....Also, will they look inside machine sheds, barns and grain bins and take pix? no one can get an answer to this question either.....by the way, we have 3 supervisors that supposedly prided each of themselves on being conservative when they ran for election and got elected the first time.....I guess their definition of conservative is a little different than mine......but anyway, they won't be coming in my house or buildings without a warrant. I have nothing to hide, I just don't like the precedent they are trying to set......They already have the floor plan and dimensions of my house, and dimensions of all my bins, sheds and barns......I think this is enough. They can look around outside all they want, but I think the missus might get a little upset if they got the floor dirty, so for their benefit, they will be staying outside.....This is just my opinion, but am asking what have others done in a similar situation?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)