AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for SAT or whoever wants to jump in-
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Posted 7/30/2015 07:30 (#4707278 - in reply to #4706726)
Subject: RE: I'm going to .......

Death comes to us all. Life's but a walking shadow
I'm going to hijack your thread a little here in order to point out something we all need to be very aware of. We saw a couple of days ago where Allendale & Agweb deliberately published completely false information and fabricated a story. The fact that this information was completely debunked within a few minutes by a few sharp eyed farmers using publicly available information suggests very strongly that Allendale had an agenda. And this isn't the first time by any means. And they aren't the only ones who practice this.
Now Allendale works for the " big money interests". If they can simply cast some uncertainty about the size of the corn crop they can give their clients time to position themselves for the eventual truth to come out.
The really sad thing about this whole situation is that at any given time the share of the futures market held by Managed Money and these other entities is maybe 2 billion bushel out of a 13-14 billion bushel crop. The amount of money they can capture while it looks large to us is actually small in comparison to the whole value of the $50 billion dollar crop (roughly $4x13 billion). Their ability to manipulate and steer the overall market has far reaching effects on producers incomes given their very apparent lack of ethics and morals.
So when you put your faith in the futures market remember the characters of the people running it.
That's my little rant for the the day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)