AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

are most drug testing technicians surly?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

gene_champ
Posted 7/28/2015 22:02 (#4705245)
Subject: are most drug testing technicians surly?

NC Iowa
long story. i took a temporary driving job with a seed company. had the pre employment drug test. i put in 12 big days. at the end of the last day, i was selected for a random drug test for the next morning. a company employee was to deliver the paperwork to the clinic the next morning before the test.

this morning at breakfast i drink 2 coffees, 3 juices, and 2 waters so i will be able to pee for the test. because of a prostrate issue, this is not always an easy test for me. i show up at the clinic 9:30 and was greeted fairly soon. i felt just the right amount of urge, confident that i would be able to pee without being in any discomfort. well the seed company guy that was supposed to deliver the paperwork forgot to drop it off. they cannot do anything without that form.

the lady rn drug testing technicians was someone that i had issues with before, but we have since reconciled and she has been pleasant to me every since. she called the company and found out what the mix up was. the test was rescheduled for 1pm. bummer, but no big problem, and i was good with that. stuff happens.

well i show up at 1pm, and i am busting a bladder. extreme discomfort and i don't dare pee or i won't be able to for the test. i wait a few minutes and them ask the receptionist if the technician was notified that i was there. few minutes i ask again, and then later again. finally, after awhile, a different male mt(ascp) technician than that morning shows up. i suspect the first technician was still on lunch break and this guy just getting off.

i get no greeting, no pleasantries, no sorry i was running late. just a follow me. i mention to him that i really needed to go bad now. just got the the usual empty your pockets, everything on the table, show photo id, pick a container, ect. no hurry or any emotion on his part. i really felt like a criminal or some reprobate by the his lack of any common courtesies that i would expect from a medical facility professional.

i am wondering is this is common, and if it is, why? is it a low status job, maybe beneath a mt, burned out from seeing too many druggies trying to beat the test, hate truck drivers, drunk drivers, or what?

i did call the hospital ceo and told him about what i seen as a culture of disrespect for clients of the drug testing department.

i also called the seed company and relayed my frustration about the mixup and how the bad experience on the second appointment kind of discombobulated the rest of my day. they were very nice about it and offered to pay me wages for the day to make up for my time, travel and aggravation over the whole deal.

i think i need to relax now by hanging some drywall or something. that is less stressful.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)