AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auto Boom Height ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

eiafarmboy
Posted 7/29/2015 09:33 (#4705787 - in reply to #4705080)
Subject: RE: Auto Boom Height ?

East Cental IA
I would really recommend the Norac Boom Height Control. They are very simple to operate and work well. The big difference that I find between the Raven and the Norac is that the Raven tends to flap like a bird because it is always trying to stay above whatever is under it. That makes sense until you run in a crop that is knee high and isn't canopied yet. (corn on 30 inch rows) The sensor sees the ground then the crop and starts to go up and down. As mentioned earlier you can adjust some settings to account for this but that also effects the speed of things. The Norac has 2 settings, crop and soil so that it knows which to go off of. This eliminates the issue. Also, as for settings to change, it's just sensitivity and boom height. That will make it very easy for your dad to operate. We run a Miller Nitro with 120' boom and my dad also does all of the spraying. He gets along with it really well and likes being able to bump the center up switch and it will V the wings and then bump it back down and have it go back into auto. Something else that may help you is that Norac is in MN so if you need parts, you can probably go pick them up. If you have more questions my email is in my profile. Hope this helps
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)