AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Marking tile outlets for ditch cleaning
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/28/2015 12:46 (#4704336 - in reply to #4704260)
Subject: RE: Marking tile outlets for ditch cleaning

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Not exactly your situation but I used an Insight with a WAAS receiver to mark a new main after it was installed. I temporarily installed the Insight and Phoenix 200 GPS in my Polaris Ranger.

I set my configuration up as a planting configuration and used peanuts for the crop since we don't grow them here. T forget how I defined the planter but I think I used 2 -30" rows which would be 60" or 5'. If the "planter" is too narrow the line is hard to see.

I defined the peanut varieties as 30" main, 24" main etc. When I got to a place where the tile size changed, I would switch to the appropriate "peanut" variety. That way the map changed colors with a tile size change. Afterwards I was able to get a rough count of the number of feet of each tile size. The mapping was started/stopped by the onscreen icon.

As I drove over the main, I dropped flags for every intersection where the new main crossed existing tile lines. The installers had left a lath at each of those locations. When finished my onscreen map showed the tile lines in different colors and also an "X" where the flags had been dropped. I printed this map out on paper for future reference.

I would think you could do the same and just drive along side the ditch and drop flags at the proper places. By having the Integra map the layout of the ditch and then drop flags, the onscreen map would show any bends in the ditch. Having the ditch shown might be helpful as to a point of reference.

Edited by tedbear 7/28/2015 12:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)