AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what a stupid waste of a day.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

PeteMN
Posted 7/27/2015 21:10 (#4703204 - in reply to #4702454)
Subject: RE: what a stupid waste of a day.

E.Central MN
Have gotten the letter that I'm on jury duty a few times but didn't have to go in until this year. Only had 3 days of jury duty left when called. Went in on time, but not enough people showed up so we had to wait while they called people to tell them they had to get their butts in to the court house. I think they called other group numbers, too so they could get enough to have a panel for jury selection. Judge excused a couple people, but the rest of us were seated as jury. Luckily there were only a few witnesses for the prosecution and none for the defense so it finished that day despite the late start. Judge talked with us after we were done to see if we had any questions. Main question was given the evidence why did the defense think the verdict would be anything but guilty. Judge said that the defendant had other convictions so he really didn't have much choice. At that point none of us had any regrets about finding him guilty of the drug offense. I was afraid that I might have got stuck on the jury for a murder trial that is going on in our county, that would be the pits as its likely to take a long time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)