AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what a stupid waste of a day.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 7/27/2015 20:56 (#4703160 - in reply to #4702780)
Subject: RE: what a stupid waste of a day.

North of London
I have been called several times and then told not to come because there were no cases or told to go home almost as soon as I got there BUT one time I was selected for a murder trial.

Fortunately it was late winter and I was able to do chores before and after duty as they allowed us to go home.
After about 10 days when I think I was willing to convict they had us leave the courtroom and when they called us back instructed us that there and been a plea to a lesser murder charge and we could all go.

The jury met for a picnic later that summer and for the next couple summers but numbers coming kept decreasing to the 6 of us decided the last year was enough.
You do get to know your fellow jury members after a while together.

I should add that I agree with others there is no better way to do it and it is just one of those things we have to do to be a good citizen but it is harder on a self employed person and as noted could be devastating in harvest. Hopefully in a case like that your good neighbours would do their civic duty and help out while you were tied up.

Edited by OntarioCanuck 7/27/2015 20:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)