AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

progress on garage project.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

don@nebr
Posted 7/27/2015 15:59 (#4702579 - in reply to #4702298)
Subject: RE: progress on garage project.

good tools for what your doing. Always hung it the hard way with a couple kids to throw some T props under it made of 2 x 4 or 6's till I ran out of kids. Figuring how to do it all by yourself soon brings sane choices of a lift.

AND a fall like Lowell's 5 years ago made me a believer in good ladders and scaffolding,,,which I see you have mastered also.

Arent those 5/8 fire rock sheets a 'heavy' son of a gun? 10 footers require 2 of you to even load the lift.

Now either you need a window or portable A/C unit it there to lower humidity and temp a little. Plus some good squirrel cage fans to circulate.

I cant see by pics if you have ridge vent on this garage or not,,,you have good intake,,you can even put the ridge vent as a retro fit if need be. All it takes is a saw with a nail blade,,,a roll or two of ridge vent and a bundle or so of new cap shingles. Shingle life will drastically improve as will temps every day and less frost , longer life roof sheathing. those little turtle vents square or round including power vents are a poor dismal excuse for vents comparatively. The chimney effect of air at any temp will amaze all who put there hand up top even when the sun is just coming up,,,let alone the heat of the day

But all in all your doing a fine job just the way it should be done!!! And those seed corn sacks add a touch of class

Edited by don@nebr 7/27/2015 16:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)