AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Live view of grain dryer monitor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/27/2015 08:21 (#4701882 - in reply to #4701375)
Subject: RE: Live view of grain dryer monitor?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
chedv - 7/26/2015 20:36

We have a shivvers grain drying system that has a digital readout and print out. We have some trouble with it kicking off randomly and this really slows down the drying process. I'm thinking of putting a webcam in front of the digital display and logging into it to see a live view. Is this possible? Any good camera recommendations? I have an iPhone and would love to just open the app and see the live feed. The grain dryer location does have Internet to upload the feed.

We're in some what of the same situation. Dryer is at my brother's place. Nephew, Great Nephew and I live on surrounding places. A repeater for Internet is located on top of the leg. I really don't know if an Internet connection is available there now but it could be. This repeater is what my Nephew, Great Nephew, I and others use for Internet. I believe the dryer has an option for an internet hookup but I don't know if we want to go that route. It would be handy to be able to check out the dryer from our smartphones or computers in our homes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)