AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Visual migraines - and other things
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Aussy Harold
Posted 7/26/2015 02:30 (#4699558)
Subject: Visual migraines - and other things

North East Wimmera district of Victoria.

G'day from Australia.

1. June 2013 I had a 'visual migraine'. Small patch in my peripheral vision - just like when the TV news 'blots out' a criminal's face - blurry, but mine had sparkly edges!
Had 3 more in the month of June, then they tapered off to one occasionally ,then 0 - have not had one for 10 months at least .
Blood Pressure [usually fine at 120 / 70] was a bit high - 150/90, and Doc said seeing I had no other effects, as in dizziness, headache, slurred spech or muscles acting up on one side, then if my BP came down I should be fine.

2. April 2014 I had just loaded an air compressor onto my tray ute, next thing I knew I'm standing on the ground at the back ot the ute, wondering what I am about to do, or for that matter, what I had done. Head hurt - slight graze! No glasses on, no hat! Both on the ground a few feet away - reckon I have fallen off the ute 3 ft to the ground, and knocked myself out cold! Went on and did my days work anyhow!  [Wife says I am mad! - when I tell her that night.!]

3. Wednesday evening [22 July 2015] - lost recent memory, like what I had done in the last three or four days,even something notable like took delivery of a new Ford Territory!  Lots of other things also -  did not have a clue!  Dear wife called  000 and an Ambulance. On the way to hospital in provincial city [no Doc on duty locally] I was starting to remember some of the past four days, and now [Sunday] I can account for all but about 5 minutes of that Wed evening. At Emergency ward they  pumped something in to lower my BP, took blood samples, tested all my physical reactions, pushed and pulled muscles on all the bits that stick out [sorry - legs and arms!], did a CatScan of my head region [which came back all clear] and I am booked in for an MRI scan ASAP. Also asked general knowledge questions like who is our Prime Minister, what's the date today, which by then I could answer OK.

Cholesterol levels are OK. Had been on Coversyl for blood pressure [Wrote on NAT re the 'coversyl cough'] but had been off it for 5 months. Recently  [like 8 days prev] has started a diuretic to lower blood pressure again. Had been up to about 150/85 - and I'm a 70 yr old retiring farmer.

My sister, a retired pharmacist, reckons the three incidents could be related - and all pointing to more problems like a serious stroke if I don't find out what is going on.

Always get good feedback from NAT'ers, so what do you reckon?  Any similar experiences?

Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)