AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

*****Weigh Ins For 7/19/15*****
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 7/19/2015 10:27 (#4687833 - in reply to #4687687)
Subject: RE: *****Weigh Ins For 7/19/15*****

Yes mostly meats and vegetables.

Dairy comes in the form of sour cream with dill seasoning added for vegetable dip and cheeses. The hard cheeses like Krafts colby/ jack blend has 0 carbs usually cut off three 3/4" blocks for lunch with 3 or 4 slices of turkey and several celery sticks with veggie dip. Also use small amounts of mozzarella melted over stir fried meat vegetables and mushrooms. The Kraft American slices are very high carbs so I limit to 1/2 slice/patty when eating 2 hamburgers with no bun. Fruits I tend to stay with maybe half an apple at most and eat quite a few strawberry's. Whole fruits are better than anything processed as they are more natural sugars. Orange juice and apple juice are much worse as you concentrate the sugars from 3 or more into 1 glass of juice. I guess tomatoes are really in the fruit category as well.

I would like more milk and fruits but the labels indicate high carbs which I really try to limit.

Yes the ketosis is really bad when you first begin but it subsides over time but also lets you know your body is working to burn up the fat reserves and is leveling out the insulin responses to all the carbs and sugars. Once you cut the sugars down the cravings subside quite a bit and you don't really feel hungry.

I don't how those with diabetes would use a plan so everyone needs to consult their own Dr.'s before trying anything.

I started this on my own after doing a lot of reading and figuring the sugar and carbs were the culprit.  I had a 6 month checkup recently and the Dr. was impressed with the weight loss. My cholesterol numbers were still pretty good, (never good enough though it seems) triglycerides were fantastic. We felt the weight loss was more important positive than a slight change in cholesterol numbers.

Maybe I need to take some pics sometime of a typical days meals to better illustrate.   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)