AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finding jobs for girlfriends on the farm advice?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

BryceH
Posted 7/7/2015 00:27 (#4665420)
Subject: Finding jobs for girlfriends on the farm advice?

Nunn CO
Hello all,
I have a girlfriend I have been dating for almost 6 years now. She is a elementary school teacher. Her and I are in a serious relationship and will almost certainly continue on our path together. She grew up in the big city but is very hands on/ supportive of the farming lifestyle. She enjoys coming to our farm and helping during her summer off. My question is how to include her more. In many jobs like cleaning bins, time in tractor together, shuttling equipment, etc she is very helpfully and these are jobs that can easily be picked up on. On the other hand, on days when Im doing something more along the lines of wrenching on equipment or fabricating metal in the shop I have been teaching her to weld and attack mechanical problems, however, I always worry that these projects turn into her fetching tools which can get old really fast, naturally. Just looking for any thoughts or advice. Its important to me she continues to enjoy farming.
Thanks

Edit:
Hello all,
I see my post has taken a very different direction over night. Thank you for the marriage advice. This is a topic we have both talked about many times and are completely on the same page.

Edited by BryceH 7/7/2015 11:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)