AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spoiled beans stuck to walls
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

johns_79
Posted 7/4/2015 17:52 (#4661486)
Subject: Spoiled beans stuck to walls

Windom, MN
Hoping to get some answers from someone who is willing to admit they made a mistake once. Last year our beans were horrible due to an early frost. they were difficult to clean (a lot of pods) and some were more mature than others. So they all went in a bin and now we emptied the bin with some difficulty. The sumps were plugged, so we borrowed a 7" auger and put it in the door slide. that worked well enough so we could get the sump nearest the door open. then got the center open after a lot of shoveling. It is swept out now and "clean"...except for the chunks stuck to the wall. About 15 feet up there is a ring about 4-6" thick of stuck on crap. I assume this is where our late beans ended up because they were the worst to combine and probably too wet to put in the bin when we did.

Will these chunks fall off on their own so I can scoop them into a loader and dispose of them? or will I need to get an extension ladder in there and scrape them off? I figure I have some time. Give it a week or two and see if any of them fall off. or can I just hit the bin with a rubber mallet and see if that works without getting up there? I'm not a huge fan of heights, but also think it would be good to get that rotten stuff off of the walls before it damages the bin more than it already has.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)