AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rain, rain, rain.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

djmcountryboy
Posted 7/3/2015 10:39 (#4659429 - in reply to #4659411)
Subject: I here you turdypointbuck

Mascoutah, Illinois
It has rained here 19 of the past 21 days, 24 of the last 32. We were hammered again on Wednesday night into Thursday morning. I tried walking across the yard but the sloshing of water made it quite difficult. We were kind of fortunate in the grand scheme of things compared to others who had five to seven inches in two hours about fourty five minutes west of us. The weatherman is all geeked up for Monday night into Tuesday as another batch of heavy rain is headed into the St. Louis area.

The little bit of wheat in my area is still mostly unharvested and in a normal year would be cut between June 10-15. I have no idea how some of these guys will even get a chance to put any double crop beans in. The forecast for next week shows rain, rain, and more rain chances. The weatherman stated we are in a winter pattern right now with the summer pattern set up on the west side of the country.

On a brighter note, the sun is shining for the first time in quite awhile.

EDIT: Still 10-15% of the land in my backyard is unplanted with another 10-15% which needs to be replanted. If this weather keeps up, bean spraying could be quite comical in my backyard.

Edited by djmcountryboy 7/3/2015 10:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)